There is plenty of great vegan recipes, but once a while I wanna make something I used to eat before, before I became vegan. Usually it means struggle turning conventional recipes in to vegan, especially if eggs are involved.
Sometimes I miss some specific dish I loved before so I try to make it my own way. One of our favourite are Banana Chocolate Chips Muffins which I bake almost every week. There are times when I have to try several different combinations to get dish as I want, but to be honest it is never exactly the same as with original ingredients. It does not bother me much, cause sometimes it tastes even better 🙂
5 Egg Substitutes You Already Have In Your Kitchen
Over a time a found egg substitutes that works great for me. You can use these too as a guideline. Be aware that prepared goods with substitutes my wary in texture or even a taste.
For one egg replacement use:
- 1/2 mashed banana in baked goods that contain baking powder or baking soda
- 1 tbsp flax seeds dissolved in 2 tbsp water in baked goods
- 2 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1/4 water, for soups and stews
- 1/4 vegetable oil for cookies
- 1/4 cup soy yogurt in baked goods
I would like you to share what do you use for egg replacement so other readers can benefit more. Please leave your comments below.